Monday, August 22, 2016

Homegrown Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray




Living at the beach means, BEACH HAIR. That crusty yet soft, full hair that only comes after a day in the sun at the beach.

I regularly use Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray. At $24 for 4 oz., it can get pricey when I can get it for FREE after spending a day at the beach.

So why don't I just bottle salt water from an East Coast Beach?
Answer: This is complicated. Don't get me started on the state of the beaches. Let's just say, you will be bringing home more than a bottle of salty sea water. If you want to find out more about that, visit the Surfrider Foundation to read about it yourself.

On that note, swimming in the ocean followed by a shower doesn't leave me grossed out like bottling salt water and then spraying it on my hair over the course of a month does.
So, my next solution is to follow the instructions posted on Huzzah and form my own opinion.

Homegrown B&B Surf Spray

  • 3 teaspoons Epsom Salt 
  • 3 squirts Water-Based Hair Gel 
  • 3-4 ounces Tap Water 
Pour all ingredients into your empty B&B bottle & shake well before each use.

4 oz of tap water is too much to fill my B&B Surf Spray Bottle. I only use 3. If you're using you're own bottle, you'll probably be fine.

You can adjust the "stiffness" quotient by adding more water or gel appropriately. Which makes me even HAPPIER since sometimes I get a little overzealous with the B&B spray and whoops, OVERLY crunchy hair. This homegrown stuff took me all of 30 seconds to measure/mix the ingredients and I just saved myself $24. That's good stuff right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment