I saw a version of this decor using a wood fence post and wooden stars on Pinterest. Here's a coastalized version using scrap wood and starfish!
- Scrap wood - whatever you have on hand is the point of this project!
- Acrylic Paint
- Epoxy gel glue
- Sandpaper and Handsander (if you have one)
- Sand the scrap wood to remove any splinters. It doesn't need to be perfectly smooth.
- Paint a block of blue - large enough to incorporate two or three starfish. Make sure you paint the sides, especially if you have thick wood.
- Paint two rows of red. Allow the red paint to dry slightly before adding a white row.
- Paint a row of white. Allow paint to dry, completely.
- Use a hand sander with fine sand paper to lightly wear down the paint - giving it a weathered look.
- Using epoxy glue, glue the starfish on the blue area of the board, allow to dry.
- Flip the board over and add rope or jute to hang your decoration.